Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ah... Valentine's Day

Again, it's Valentine's Day.
Another day, we hope, we pray, we desire....
someone of "our" interest will show us 
they are interested.

This year, for the first time in 10 years,
I have a Valentine.
However, he lives 5 hours away.
I won't be spending the day with him.

The mixed emotions of the whole deal is that
I believe every day out ought to be Valentines' Day.
It shouldn't just be one day out of the year....or maybe two...
Birthdays, that we bat our eyes, dress to the nines and 
share "sweet SOMETHINGS."

However to have someone that I rather like kissing,
holding hands, and just hanging out with...
and yet, not be able to kiss, hug, or be with,
is,
kind of sad.
I will miss not having him here.

The flip side of the coin is,
my beloved "crush" from this time, 
last year.

He's with the girl he was dating
a year ago.
That's nice, isn't it?
Though they did break up for a short amount of time,
and it would be, it seems,
after they got back together,
that he shared with  her,
how I chased him,
a year ago.
And I did.
I asked him out,
I flirted with him,
and with time,
I even 
Made
him
let 
me
take
a sip
of 
his
"expensive"
drink.

The look on his face,
Priceless.
Especially since
by then,
I had
NO
NONE
interest in him.

I laugh
when I see them.
Because whenever they think I am looking
specifically
AT THEM,
they mesh into this deep throat kiss.

I have that affect on them.


So I think I'll put on my happy face
for Valentines Day
even though my true crush
is 5 hours away,

I will see if I can spark someone else's passion.
Bat my eye lashes,
and move on down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment